Professor (Grenoble INP / ENSIMAG)
LIG laboratory (ERODS project)
220, rue de la chimie
38400 Saint-Martin d'Hères, France
Phone: +33 4 76 63 56 84
I am a Professor of Computer Science at Grenoble INP (ENSIMAG) and a member of the LIG laboratory (ERODS project). Prior to joining Grenoble INP in September 2011, I worked as a researcher at CNRS and as a post-doctoral researcher at the University of Rome 1 "La Sapienza", in the MIDLAB laboratory. I also visited the LPD laboratory at Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) (September-November 2007) and the LASR laboratory at the University of Texas at Austin (January 2010).
I received my Ph.D. from Grenoble INP in December 2005 and my "habilitation à diriger des recherches" from Grenoble University in November 2010.
My research is about understanding, designing, and building (distributed) systems. In particular, I am currently working on the following topics: Byzantine fault tolerance, multicore systems, P2P systems.
Publications: (all) (selected) (DBLP) (Google scholar profile)
Most significant papers:
- Traffic Management: A Holistic Approach to Memory Placement on NUMA Systems. Mohammad Dashti, Alexandra Fedorova, Justin Funston, Fabien Gaud, Renaud Lachaize, Baptiste Lepers, Vivien Quéma, and Mark Roth. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), Houston, USA, March 2013.
- All about Eve: Execute-Verify Replication for Multi-Core Servers. Manos Kapritsos, Yang Wang, Vivien Quéma, Allen Clement, Lorenzo Alvisi, and Mike Dahlin. In Proceedings of the Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI), Hollywood, USA, October 2012.
- MemProf: A Memory Profiler for NUMA Multicore Systems. Renaud Lachaize, Baptiste Lepers, and Vivien Quéma. In Proceedings of the USENIX Annual Technical Conference (USENIX ATC), Boston, USA, June 2012.
- Throughput Optimal Total Order Broadcast for Cluster Environments. Rachid Guerraoui, Ron Levy, Bastian Pochon, and Vivien Quéma. In ACM Transactions on Computer Systems (ACM TOCS), 28(2), pp. 1-32, July 2010.
- The Next 700 BFT Protocols. Rachid Guerraoui, Nikola Knezevic, Vivien Quéma, and Marko Vukolić. In Proceedings of EuroSys, Paris, France, pp. 363-376, April 2010 (Best Paper Award).
I teach at ENSIMAG and at the University of Grenoble 1.